Responsibilities – The Development Officer will participate in the establishment, execution and oversight of a comprehensive, strategic development program designed to sustain and substantially build high-level funding. Responsibilities include corporate, foundation, individual giving programs, prospect identification and research, data entry, and database management, donor and prospect relations and communication, and other philanthropic activities.
The Development Officer will work closely with the President, Chief Operating Officer, Alumni Development Specialist, Administrative Coordinator and the Board of Directors.
Qualifications – The position requires:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• 5-7 years of experience with proven success in development.
• Familiarity with fundraising software (preferably Donor Perfect) and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience in soliciting major gifts, corporate and foundation relations, and annual fundraising programs. Capital campaign experience may be required. Grant writing ability is essential.
• The experience, strength and skills to successfully lead and train colleagues and volunteers. Must be able to build respect for the development function internally and externally. Exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Outstanding written and oral communications skills.
• Understanding of the Detroit community and the issues faced by students and schools in Detroit.
Related Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – This individual must be highly enthusiastic, personable, creative, hardworking and capable of working with a diverse group of people, including senior staff, Board members, corporate CEO’s, community members and volunteers. Self-confidence and a polished professional demeanor is essential.
Hours – This is a full-time salaried position. The Development Officer must be available to work occasional weekends and evenings, and travel on business from time to time.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit resume and cover letter via email to:
Subject Line: DPSF Dev Officer
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE